Kaiya has turned out to be such a GREAT baby...seriously - I had my doubts.
I've heard that it was impossible to have two good babies or that Kaiya would be high maintenance because of all the activity in the womb...and for the first 3-4 weeks...I thought everyone was right. Luckily...or unluckily...it was the stomach virus that made her so high maintenance. She just felt yucky.
But THESE days...she's sleeping longer and longer at night (we're up to 6 1/2 hours at our longest stretch!) and she goes right down for a nap in the early afternoon. Late afternoons, we don't try so hard to make sure she goes down an hour after she eats...I'm okay if she sleeps less - so she'll sleep good at night.
She cracks me up when she sleeps...I will literally swaddle her so tight that sometimes I'm afraid I'm cutting off her circulation - she's a thumb sucker (or fist sucker...she just like to suck that right hand...) so I try to prevent her hand from getting to her mouth - but the swaddle doesn't prevent much...She manages to get both hands out and then later in her sleep manages to wiggle onto her side...always the same side and always facing the exact way!
Oh...and even though she has her sleeves to cover up her hand...her entire right sleeve will be soaked from her sucking on it!!! Every day it surprises me at how DIFFERENT Allie and Kaiya are!!
No comments:
Post a Comment