HAHA....I'm not overwhelmed with this baby...I'm overwhelmed with love.
One of my favorite things to do is watch Kaiya when she falls asleep on my shoulder as I burp her (typically early in the morning or late in the evening.) She has this cute little mouth that is gaping wide open and her cheeks are perfectly round and her hair is so fine and soft...she is just so cuddly. When I look at her, all I can think about is how much I love her....and how much she looks like Allie. Then that makes me think about Allie and how much I love her and then I become overwhelmed with how much love I have in my heart for these two little beings.
I have such a hard time watching certain movies or tv shows that portray any kind of harm to little children. Some show Grimm was on tv the other day and the "big bad wolf" stole a little girl - "little red riding hood" and hid her in his cellar. I had to immediately turn the tv off. It literally hurts my soul and heart to think about any harm coming to my little girls...any harm. I am so paranoid about Allie getting hurt that I warn her about EVERYTHING (the sharp corner on the table that she could hit her head on, taking too big of a bite of food, a large piece of hard candy, running on hard wood floors with socks...) - yes - I realize that I may have made her a little bit of a nervous nancy!! But I cringe at the thought. I can only deduce that this comes from the death of my little brother. I still, to this day, play the scenario of that car accident in my head and how it must have happened and felt to him - and it hurts my heart.
My mom was SOOOO right (don't you hate that?) when she said there's no worry like a mother's worry. I think mine might be exponentially higher than normal...
So here's some disgruntled faces from Kaiya to match my overwhelmed mood today!!
Oh dear...I love this kiddo!


No comments:
Post a Comment