Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 26 -Settling in...again

We're home...and tired.

Kaiya still has a fever.

I am still sleep deprived.

Last night - a new symptom popped up. Kaiya screams out whenever she is touched. I didn't really think anything of it at first - she would scream bloody murder when I changed her diaper...and settle back down when I laid her down. But this morning, I really started to notice that it was whenever we touched her.

We had to follow back up with the pediatrician today per our discharge instructions. Kaiya's weight is still up - she's at 9 lbs 9 oz now. And he compared her new symptom to adults having the flu and just being achy and sensitive to being touched. It made sense...

So we're settled back in at home and hopefully - we'll continue to see her make progress. The fever could continue for another few weeks worst case...so we're preparing for the long haul.


No comments:

Post a Comment