This is the second time that we are leaving the hospital...and this time we are much more excited to be leaving! During the labor and delivery recovery, there's a lovely nursery that babies can be taken to and I was the one in the hospital bed. This time around...there's no nursery to whisk the baby off to and I'm the one in the fold out chair...
Last night...the sleep deprivation must have caught up with me because I didn't wake up for a few of the nurses vital sign checks and when I did wake up...there were two men hovering over Kaiya's bed...I found out that they had to re-insert Kaiya's IV into her other hand...which is why they were hovering...
Kaiya's fever went down for a bit last night, but spiked back up this morning. Doctor's have deducted that she most likely has a stomach virus. Because everything but her fever is doing fine (weight gain, wet diapers, etc) they gave us the okay to go home! Yay...
I'm so exhausted...for a different reason than having a newborn. Having a sick newborn is much, much worse...
Here's one last hospital photo before we leave...hopefully for good this time!!!!

And this is a photo from last night. Allie was insistent on feeding baby...and I must say, she did a pretty good job! Love that big sister loves little sister!!

No comments:
Post a Comment