Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 190 - H Day...Helmet Day

Well - after the mold was made - we took little Kaiya back in today to get her helmet.

We had to shape it a bit once she tried it on and the orthotic center said that her body temperature will adjust to the helmet (as you can see - she is sweating like crazy) in a few days...but here she is in all her glory!


She looks like a little astronaut and I'm still uneasy about what other people will think - but the most important thing is - this is helping shape her head back to normal and hopefully prevent any misalignment of her head and face that could cause complications in the future.  

I thought Kaiya would struggle with the helmet, but true to what we were told - we will struggle with the helmet more than she will.  It doesn't bother her at all.  It is weird to nurse her with it on...but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment