Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 175 - Getting fitted

Today we went to get Kaiya fitted for a helmet. By fitted, I mean a plaster mold needed to be made of her head.

I asked Brad to join me because I thought it was going to be bad. Once they apply the plaster, she has to stay still until it dries...otherwise we have to start the whole process over.

The entire molding took about 30 minutes and wasn't as bad as I thought. In my head, I envisioned them dipping her head into plaster or taking a big ball of clay and molding it to her head. But instead, they dipped these small sheets of plaster in water and then put it on her head...but before they put this CAH-UTE little....thing... on her head! How cute is she? She looks like a little Amish baby!


Well, after the last sheet went on, the back of her neck had to be molded. That is where she was a handled a little rough and did NOT appreciate it as you can see below! It only took a few more minutes and she was out of the mold..but she sure was cute.


Now we just have to wait a few more weeks for the actual helmet to be made and then fitted.

Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment